Saturday 29 September 1973
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to We're An American Band by Grand Funk.
In UK Young Love by Donny Osmond was in the top 5 hits.
The Mother and the Whore, directed by Jean Eustache, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while The Hollow Hills by Mary Stewart was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 September 1973!
Which were the important events of 29 September 1973 ?
- Argentina, Inventor's Day - L�szl= J=zsef Bfr='s birthday.
- England, Ireland - One of the four Quarter days in the Irish calendar
- Also see September 29 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Michaelmas - Christian feast of the Archangels St. Michael, St. Gabriel, and St. Raphael
- French Republican Calendar - Amarante (Amaranth) Day, eighth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Foivos Delivorias: Greek singer-songwriter and guitarist.
- Shannon Larratt: Canadian publisher founded BMEzine (d. 2013).
- Scout Niblett: English singer-songwriter and guitarist.
- Alfie Boe: Opera Singer.
- Joe Hulbig: American ice hockey player.
- Athanasios Michalopoulos: Greek volleyball player
- Paul Rogers: Australian-American basketball player: forward/center, Lakers
- W H Auden: Vienna poet.
- Jimmy Loves Mary-Anne by Looking Glass peaks at #33
- Insurance industry announces auto racers get into more highway accidents.
- Baltimore Orioles pull their 5th triple play (5-4-3 versus Detroit Tigers).
- Soyuz 12 returns to Earth.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Marvin Gaye - Let's Get It On
- Cher - Half-Breed
- Helen Reddy - Delta Dawn
- Grand Funk - We're An American Band
- Paul Simon - Loves Me Like A Rock
- The Allman Brothers Band - Ramblin Man
- Dawn - Say, Has Anybody Seen My Sweet Gypsy Rose
- Stevie Wonder - Higher Ground
- The Isley Brothers - That Lady (Part 1)
- B.W. Stevenson - My Maria
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 29 September 1973 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?