Saturday 29 September 1973
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Joe Hulbig and Athanasios Michalopoulos.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to We're An American Band by Grand Funk.
In UK Young Love by Donny Osmond was in the top 5 hits.
The Mother and the Whore, directed by Jean Eustache, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while The Hollow Hills by Mary Stewart was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Oi emporoi ton ethnon.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Gotcha or Lemonade Stand.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 September 1973!
Which were the important events of 29 September 1973 ?
- Argentina, Inventor's Day - L�szl= J=zsef Bfr='s birthday.
- England, Ireland - One of the four Quarter days in the Irish calendar
- Also see September 29 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Michaelmas - Christian feast of the Archangels St. Michael, St. Gabriel, and St. Raphael
- French Republican Calendar - Amarante (Amaranth) Day, eighth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Joe Hulbig: American ice hockey player.
- Athanasios Michalopoulos: Greek volleyball player.
- Paul Rogers: Australian-American basketball player: forward/center, Lakers.
- Alfie Boe: Opera Singer.
- Foivos Delivorias: Greek singer-songwriter and guitarist.
- Shannon Larratt: Canadian publisher founded BMEzine (d. 2013)
- Scout Niblett: English singer-songwriter and guitarist
- W H Auden: Vienna poet.
- Jimmy Loves Mary-Anne by Looking Glass peaks at #33
- Insurance industry announces auto racers get into more highway accidents.
- Baltimore Orioles pull their 5th triple play (5-4-3 versus Detroit Tigers).
- Soyuz 12 returns to Earth.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Grand Funk - We're An American Band
- Marvin Gaye - Let's Get It On
- Cher - Half-Breed
- Paul Simon - Loves Me Like A Rock
- Helen Reddy - Delta Dawn
- Stevie Wonder - Higher Ground
- Dawn - Say, Has Anybody Seen My Sweet Gypsy Rose
- The Isley Brothers - That Lady (Part 1)
- B.W. Stevenson - My Maria
- The Allman Brothers Band - Ramblin Man
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?