Sunday 30 September 1973
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
In that special week of September people in US were listening to We're An American Band by Grand Funk.
In UK Eye Level by Simon Park Orchestra was in the top 5 hits.
The Mother and the Whore, directed by Jean Eustache, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while The Hollow Hills by Mary Stewart was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Ca smo na ovom svitu....
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Lemonade Stand or Space Race.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 September 1973!
Which were the important events of 30 September 1973 ?
- Spo TomT and Prfncipe - Agricultural Reform (Nationalization) Day
- September 30 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Translation Day
- Botswana - Independence Day (1966)
- RC Saints - Saint Jerome
- French Republican Calendar - Panais (Parsnip) Day, ninth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 30 September
- Peter Pitseolak: Inuit photographer and author (Born 1902).
- 4th NYC Marathon won by Tom Fleming in 2:21:54
- Mel Gray begins NFL streak of 121 consecutive game receptions
- Resigns as manager
- Sandra Palmer wins LPGA Cameron Park Golf Open
- Yanks close 50th year at Yankee Stadium losing 8-5, Ralph Houk
- Yankee Stadium, known as quotThe House That Ruth Builtquot, closes for a two year renovation at a cost of $160 million. The New York Yankees play all of their home games at Shea Stadium in 1974 and 1975.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 30 September 1973
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Grand Funk - We're An American Band
- Marvin Gaye - Let's Get It On
- Cher - Half-Breed
- Paul Simon - Loves Me Like A Rock
- Helen Reddy - Delta Dawn
- Stevie Wonder - Higher Ground
- Dawn - Say, Has Anybody Seen My Sweet Gypsy Rose
- The Isley Brothers - That Lady (Part 1)
- B.W. Stevenson - My Maria
- The Allman Brothers Band - Ramblin Man
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?