Saturday 11 March 1950
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jerry Zucker in Milwaukee and Laure Adler.
Stage Fright, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Parasites by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Space Patrol.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1950.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 March 1950!
Which were the important events of 11 March 1950 ?
- Zambia - Youth Day.
- Saint Rosina
- Saint Alberta
- Saint Vindician
- Blessed Auria
- Lesotho - Moshoeshoe Day.
- Lithuania - Reestablishment of Lithuania's Independence.
- United States - Johnny Appleseed Day, 311 Day
- Blessed John Righi
- Jerry Zucker in Milwaukee: Wisconsin, USA; director (Airplane, Naked Gun).
- Laure Adler: French journalist, woman of letters, editor and producer.
- Katia Labèque: French international classical pianist (duo with her sister).
- Bobby McFerrin: American musician, jazz and pop vocalist, and conductor.
- Cathy Rowland: American model, Playboy plamate of the month August 1971.
- Jerry Zucker: American film producer and director who began producing movies with brother Dave Zucker, then went on to his own productions of "Ghost,"1990, "First Knight," 1995, and "My Best Friend's Wedding," 1997. He was co-executive producer of the TV series "Police Squad."
- Florence Arliss: Actress (Disraeli), dies at 78.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1950 ?
Top #7 songs in the USA
- Chattanoogie Shoe Shine Boy - Phil Harris
- Jo Stafford & Gordon MacRae - Dearie
- Guy Lombardo & His Royal Canadians - The Third Man Theme
- Eileen Barton - If I Knew You Were Comin' I'd've Baked a Cake
- Freddy Martin & His Orchestra - Music! Music! Music!
- Music! Music! Music! ?? - Carmen Cavallaro & His Orchestra
- Billy Eckstine - My Foolish Heart
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?