Sunday 11 April 1954
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK I See The Moon by The Stargazers was in the top 5 hits.
La Ronde, directed by Max Ophls, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Not As A Stranger by Morton Thompson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1954.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 April 1954!
Which were the important events of 11 April 1954 ?
- Saint Stanislas
- Juan Santamarfa Day, anniversary of his death in the Battle of Rivas (State holiday in Costa Rica).
- Saint Godeberta
- Saint Gemma of Lucca
- The Feast Day of Martyr Antipas in the Greek Orthodox Church.
- Saint Danidl of Grimbergen
- Abdullah Atalar: Turkish scientist and academic.
- Aleksandr Averin: Aleksandr Averin Azerbaijani cyclist and coach.
- Francis Lickerish: English guitarist and composer (The Enid and Secret Green).
- David Perrett: Scottish psychologist and academic.
- Ian Redmond: Malaysian-English biologist and conservationist.
- Marlene Bauer wins LPGA New Orleans Golf Open.
- This day was denoted as the most boring day in the 20th century by True Knowledge, an answer engine developed by William Tunstall-Pedoe.ref name=quotboringquot
- Aneurin Bevan resigns from the British Labour Party's ampquotshadow cabinetampquot.
- A Soviet spy ring in Australia is unveiled.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1954 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?