Friday 23 April 1954
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Michael Moore and Tony Atlas.
In UK I See The Moon by The Stargazers was in the top 5 hits.
River of No Return, directed by Otto Preminger, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Not As A Stranger by Morton Thompson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Vampira Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 April 1954!
Which were the important events of 23 April 1954 ?
- Saint Gerard (d.1138)
- UNESCO International Day of the Book in honor of Shakespeare's and Cervantes's death on April 23, 1616.
- Turkey - National Sovereignty and Children's Day (1920)
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut (Israeli Independence Day) for 2007: (the observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar).
- Independence Day for the Conch Republic
- National Beer Day in Germany
- Feast Day of Saint George: Patron saint and National Day of England
- Patron saint of the Spanish region of Arag=n
- Celebrated as St. Jordi's Day in Catalonia, presents of books and roses. See above.
- Catalonia - Lover's Day. Men receive a book as a gift from their romantic interest, while women receive roses. The book is in honor of Shakespeare's and Cervantes's death on April 23, 1616.
- Saint Adalbert of Prague
- Jurgi festival, in ancient Latvia
- Michael Moore: American filmmaker and provocateur, Moore came to public attention in 1989 with his first documentary, "Roger and Me," about the financial impact on Moore's hometown and surrounding area when General Motors closed down a plant.
- Tony Atlas: American bodybuilder and wrestler.
- Stephen Dalton: English air marshal.
- Lucinda Jenney: American actress.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1954 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?