Thursday 8 April 1954
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Gary Carter catcher (Montreal Expos and John Schneider in Mount Kisco.
In UK I See The Moon by The Stargazers was in the top 5 hits.
La Ronde, directed by Max Ophls, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Not As A Stranger by Morton Thompson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Lone Wolf.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 April 1954!
Which were the important events of 8 April 1954 ?
- Saint Constance
- Buddha's Birthday in Japan
- Saint Walter of Pontoise (died 1099)
- Saint Julie Billiart of Namur (died 1816).
- Gary Carter catcher (Montreal Expos: New York Mets).
- John Schneider in Mount Kisco: New York, USA; actor (Bo - The Dukes of Hazzard).
- Gary Carter: American baseball player and coach (d. 2012).
- Lalla: Princess Lalla Amina of Morocco (d. 2012).
- GV Loganathan: Indian-American engineer and academic (d. 2007).
- By the Beautiful Sea opens at Majestic Theater NYC for 270 performances
- A Royal Canadian Air Force Canadair Harvard collided with a Trans-Canada Airlines Canadair North Star over Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan, killing 37 people.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1954 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?