Thursday 8 April 1954
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK I See The Moon by The Stargazers was in the top 5 hits.
La Ronde, directed by Max Ophls, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Not As A Stranger by Morton Thompson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1954.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 April 1954!
Which were the important events of 8 April 1954 ?
- Saint Constance
- Buddha's Birthday in Japan
- Saint Walter of Pontoise (died 1099)
- Saint Julie Billiart of Namur (died 1816).
- John Schneider in Mount Kisco: New York, USA; actor (Bo - The Dukes of Hazzard).
- Gary Carter catcher (Montreal Expos: New York Mets).
- Gary Carter: American baseball player and coach (d. 2012).
- Lalla: Princess Lalla Amina of Morocco (d. 2012).
- GV Loganathan: Indian-American engineer and academic (d. 2007).
- By the Beautiful Sea opens at Majestic Theater NYC for 270 performances
- A Royal Canadian Air Force Canadair Harvard collided with a Trans-Canada Airlines Canadair North Star over Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan, killing 37 people.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1954 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?