Thursday 11 January 1923
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Lederstrumpf, directed by Arthur Wellin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
while Black Oxen by Gertrude Atherton was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1923.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 January 1923!
Which were the important events of 11 January 1923 ?
- Morocco - The Independence manifesto day.
- Japan - Kagami-Biraki (Rice Cakes Festival).
- Feast of the Baptism of Jesus.
- Roman Empire - First day of Carmentalia in honor of Carmenta.
- Nepal - Unity Day.
- Albania - Republic Day (1946).
- Jerome Bixby: American author and screenwriter (d. 1998).
- Ernst Nolte: German historian and philosopher.
- Eli Woods: English comedian and actor (d. 2014).
- Jacqueline Maillan: French singer and TV comedienne.
- Carroll Shelby: American automotive designer, racing driver and entrepreneur.
- 1st Dutch Dada-evening (Theo Van Doesburg & Kurt Schwitters)
- Occupation of the Ruhr: Troops from France and Belgium occupy the Ruhr area to force Germany to make its World War I reparation payments.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?