Monday 1 January 1923, NewYear’s Day
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Lederstrumpf, directed by Arthur Wellin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1923.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 January 1923!
Which were the important events of 1 January 1923 ?
- Piet Wilde-Meersch: Belgium sport Champion.
- Marguerite Dar Boggia: American astrologer and mainstay for ISAR for many years, the winner of the ISAR Service Award on 7/17/1989.
- Daniel Gorenstein: American mathematician and academic (d. 1992).
- Milt Jackson: American vibraphonist and composer (Modern Jazz Quartet) (d. 1999).
- Chalmers Goodlin: US test pilot (XS-1).
- Milton Jackson: United States -- Vibraphonist (Milt of Bags)
- Valentina Cortese: Italian actress who starred in over 40 U.S. and international films in her career. Starting in Italy from the age of 15, she advanced from bits to lead roles in wartime comedies and dramas. After starring in the British-Italian film, "The Glass Mountain" in 1948, she was invited to Hollywood, where she played lead roles, spelling her name Cortesa. After a few years she returned to Europe and appeared in Italian and international productions. Cortesa was nominated for an academy award for her por
- Union of Socialist Soviet Republics established.
- Britain's Railways are grouped into the Big Four: LNER, GWR, SR, and LMS.
- The Grouping: All major British railway companies are grouped into four larger companies, under terms of the Railways Act 1921.
- January 7 ampndash Rosewood massacre, a violent, racially motivated conflict in Florida. At least eight people are killed, and the town of Rosewood is abandoned and destroyed.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?