Wednesday 11 January 1928
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
The Divine Woman, directed by Victor Seastrom, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
while The Bridge of San Luis by Rey Thornton Wilder was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1928.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 January 1928!
Which were the important events of 11 January 1928 ?
- Morocco - The Independence manifesto day.
- Japan - Kagami-Biraki (Rice Cakes Festival).
- Feast of the Baptism of Jesus.
- Roman Empire - First day of Carmentalia in honor of Carmenta.
- Nepal - Unity Day.
- Albania - Republic Day (1946).
- Alan Bowness: English historian and curator.
- David Wolper: American film producer, the winner of more than 100 awards.
- Mitchell Ryan in Cincinnati: Ohio, USA; actor (Chase, Executive Suite).
- David L Wolper: American television producer (d.2010).
- Thomas Hardy: British architect and writer, a distinguished poet and one of England's greatest late Victorian novelists.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?