Wednesday 11 January 1928
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Mitchell Ryan in Cincinnati and David L Wolper.
The Divine Woman, directed by Victor Seastrom, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
while The Bridge of San Luis by Rey Thornton Wilder was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 January 1928!
Which were the important events of 11 January 1928 ?
- Morocco - The Independence manifesto day.
- Japan - Kagami-Biraki (Rice Cakes Festival).
- Feast of the Baptism of Jesus.
- Roman Empire - First day of Carmentalia in honor of Carmenta.
- Nepal - Unity Day.
- Albania - Republic Day (1946).
- Mitchell Ryan in Cincinnati: Ohio, USA; actor (Chase, Executive Suite).
- David L Wolper: American television producer (d.2010).
- David Wolper: American film producer, the winner of more than 100 awards.
- Alan Bowness: English historian and curator.
- Thomas Hardy: British architect and writer, a distinguished poet and one of England's greatest late Victorian novelists.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 11 January 1928
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?