Sunday 22 January 1928
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
The Last Command, directed by Josef von Sternberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 January 1928!
Which were the important events of 22 January 1928 ?
- New Zealand - Wellington Anniversary.
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. Vincent.
- Jorge Ibarguengoitia: Mexican novelist and playwright who Achieved great popular (though not always critical) success with His satires, three of which have appeared in Inglés: The Dead ( The Dead Girls ), two crimes ( Two Crimes ), and The Lightning August ( The Lightning of August ). His plays include Susanna and the Youth and face several sphinxes , Both dating from the 1950s.
- Birch Bayh: American farmer of 340 acres before he became involved in local politics.
- Yoshihiko Amino: Japanese historian author and academic (d. 2004).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 22 January 1928 and get them!