Thursday 12 January 1928
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Lew Gallo in Mount Kisco and Jack Boynton.
The Divine Woman, directed by Victor Seastrom, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
while The Bridge of San Luis by Rey Thornton Wilder was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 January 1928!
Which were the important events of 12 January 1928 ?
- In USA's Monk, the 4th season episode of MR. MONK AND MRS. MONK (#T-2351) indicates that Monk spilt something on January 12, 1999 during an earthquake. He stated "Earthquakes count, I don't make the rules."
- In the television series The X-Files, the third season episode Syzygy, has two girls, Terri & Magi, both born on January 12, 1979. Strange astrological properties with 3+ celestial bodies in alignment gives them great power which they use to kill off several of their high school classmates on their birthday in 1996.
- In 2001: A Space Odyssey, the fictional computer HAL becomes operational on January 12. In the movie by Stanley Kubrick, HAL was "born" in 1992, while in the book by Arthur C. Clarke the same event occurs in 1997.
- Tanzania - Zanzibar Revolution Day
- Lew Gallo in Mount Kisco: New York, USA; actor (12 O'Clock High).
- Jack Boynton: American artist.
- Daniel Filipacchi: French producer and photographer.
- Ruth Brown: American black singer nicknamed "Miss Rhythm," she was a runaway success of rhythm and blues over one hundred records.
- André Labarrère: French politician, a member of the Socialist Party, who served as deputy, senator and vice-president of the National Assembly between 1973 and 1974, Minister for Relations with Parliament from 1981 to 1986 and mayor of the city of Pau from 1971 to 2006.
- Lloyd Ruby: American race car driver (d. 2009)
- Ruth Snyder: American homicide; the killer of her husband with her accomplice, her lover Henry Gray, on 3/20/1927.
- U.S. murderer Ruth Snyder is executed at Ossining.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 12 January 1928
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?