Saturday 11 March 1972
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of March people in US were listening to Without You by Nilsson.
Pink Flamingos, directed by John Waters, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while The Winds Of War by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 March 1972!
Which were the important events of 11 March 1972 ?
- Zambia - Youth Day.
- Saint Rosina
- Saint Alberta
- Saint Vindician
- Blessed Auria
- Lesotho - Moshoeshoe Day.
- Lithuania - Reestablishment of Lithuania's Independence.
- United States - Johnny Appleseed Day, 311 Day
- Blessed John Righi
- Ua : Japanese singer-songwriter producer and actress (Ajico).
- Paolo Ponzo: Italian footballer (d. 2013).
- Carl Greenwood: NFL cornerback (New York Jets).
- Jamal Duff NFL defensive end (New York Giants: Washington Redskins).
- Karine Fauconnier: French sailor, who has sailed in various events: monohull, multihull, in solo regattas, and on lakes.
- Fredric [William] Brown: Sci-fi Author (Martians Go Home), dies at 65.
- Inner City closes at Barrymore Theater NYC after 97 performances
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Nilsson - Without You
- America - A Horse With No Name
- Neil Young - Heart Of Gold
- Carpenters - Hurting Each Other
- Robert John - The Lion Sleeps Tonight (Wimoweh) (Mbube)
- Climax - Precious And Few
- The Osmonds - Down By The Lazy River
- Bread - Everything I Own
- Cher - The Way Of Love
- T. Rex - Bang A Gong (Get It On)
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 11 March 1972 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?