Thursday 23 March 1972
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Judith Godreche and Jennifer K.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to A Horse With No Name by America.
In UK Without You by Nilsson was in the top 5 hits.
Pink Flamingos, directed by John Waters, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while The Winds Of War by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Split Second.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hunt the Wumpus or Pong.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 March 1972!
Which were the important events of 23 March 1972 ?
- Saint Rebecca (d.1914)
- Roman Empire - Tubilustrium was held in honor of Mars.
- Ancient Latvia - Lieldienas held in honor of Mara and other pagan goddesses.
- Pakistan - National Day (Republic Day).
- Saint Turibius of Mongrovejo (died 1606)
- Saint Ethelwald
- Saint Victorian
- Roman Empire - The fifth and final day of Quinquatria, held in honor of Minerva.
- Judith Godreche: French actress and author.
- Jennifer K: Chapman; Miss Massachusetts-USA (1997).
- Jonas Bjorkman in Vaxjo: Sweden; tennis star (Davis Cup 1994).
- Ryan Kuwabara: hockey forward (Team Japan 1998).
- Jonas Björkman: Swedish tennis player, a member of the ATP Tour.
- Judith Godrèche: French actress and author, daughter of a psychiatrist, Polish immigrant (Godrèche comes from Gold Reich). She left home very early and appeared in a movie aged 10, directed by Nadine Trintignant. Four years later, she obtained her first screen lead in Benoît Jacquot's "Les Mendiants". Best known for her roles in Patrice Leconte's "Ridicule" and Cédric Klapisch's "L'Auberge espagnole". She had a son, Noé, with Dany Boon (actor and film director), and a daughter, Tess, with Maurice Barthélémy (act
- Joe Calzaghe: Welsh boxer
- Cristobal Balenciaga: Spanish fashion designer (Born 1895).
- Evil Knievel breaks 93 bones after successfully clearing 35 cars.
- New York Yankees agree to continue playing ball in the Bronx.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 23 March 1972
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?