Monday 20 March 1972
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of March people in US were listening to A Horse With No Name by America.
In UK Without You by Nilsson was in the top 5 hits.
Pink Flamingos, directed by John Waters, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while The Winds Of War by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1972.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 March 1972!
Which were the important events of 20 March 1972 ?
- Feast of St. Cuthbert, patron saint of Northumbria (died 704)
- Saint Alexandra
- Saint Herbert (died 687)
- Canberra Day
- Meat Out Day
- International Astrology Day
- New Year of Iranian Calendar: Norouz occurs on the vernal equinox.
- The second day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- The vernal equinox usually occurs on this day.
- Saint Wulfram (d.704)
- Chilly Gonzales: Canadian-German singer-songwriter pianist and producer.
- Alex Kapranos: English-Scottish singer-songwriter guitarist and producer (Franz Ferdinand The Yummy Fur and The Karelia).
- Greg Searle: English rower.
- Marco Sejna: German footballer.
- Cristel Vahtra: Estonian skier.
- Ajah Wilson-Ogechukwu: soccer player (Roda JC).
- S Mansholt succeeds Malfatti as Chairman of European Committee
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?