Sunday 5 March 1972
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Tom Hipsz and Brandon Hamilton.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Without You by Nilsson.
Frogs, directed by George McCowan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while The Winds Of War by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Top à....
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Empire or Pong.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 March 1972!
Which were the important events of 5 March 1972 ?
- St Piran's Day - Cornwall's national day.
- Saint Theophile (d. 195)
- Saint Olivia (d. 308)
- Saint Gerarda
- Learn from Lei Feng Day in China.
- Feast of St. Kieran, patron of the Diocese of Ossory, in Irish calendar.
- Approximate beginning of month of j?ngzhT in Chinese calendar.
- Saint Adrian (died 308)
- Tom Hipsz: CFL defensive tackle (Montreal Alouettes).
- Brandon Hamilton: Canadian Football League cornerback (Winnipeg Blue Bombers).
- Brian Grant NBA forward (Portland Trail Blazers: Sacramento Kings).
- Hernan Gumy in Buenos Aires: Argentina; tennis star.
- Mikael Tillstrom: in Sweden; tennis star.
- Brian Grant: American basketball player with the position of forward with the Trailblazers.
- James Moran: Screenwriter
- Luca Turilli: Italian guitarist and songwriter (Rhapsody of Fire and Luca Turilli's Rhapsody and Luca Turilli's Dreamquest)
- Nils Bjorkander: Composer, dies at 78.
- Greek composer Mikis Theodorakis leaves communist party.
- The United Kingdom and the People's Republic of China elevate diplomatic exchanges to the ambassadorial level after 22 years.
- Clifford Irving admits to a New York court that he had fabricated Howard Hughes' ampquotautobiographyampquot.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Nilsson - Without You
- Carpenters - Hurting Each Other
- Climax - Precious And Few
- The Osmonds - Down By The Lazy River
- Bread - Everything I Own
- Robert John - The Lion Sleeps Tonight (Wimoweh) (Mbube)
- Neil Young - Heart Of Gold
- Al Green - Let's Stay Together
- Carole King - Sweet Seasons
- T. Rex - Bang A Gong (Get It On)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?