Sunday 12 March 1972
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of March people in US were listening to Without You by Nilsson.
In UK Without You by Nilsson was in the top 5 hits.
Pink Flamingos, directed by John Waters, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while The Winds Of War by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 March 1972!
Which were the important events of 12 March 1972 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Gregoru Diena observed.
- Flag Day in Venezuela.
- "National Day" of the Republic of Jamtland
- Sweden - Namesday of Crown Princess Victoria, an Official Flag Day.
- Mauritius - National Day.
- St. Justina
- St. Jozefina
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast day of: St. Theophanes the Confessor
- Arbor Day in China.
- St. Maximilian
- Hector Bustamante: Colombian-American actor director producer and screenwriter.
- James Maritato: American wrestler.
- Hector Luis Bustamante: Colombian actor.
- Alisa Castillo: Miss Nevada-USA (1996).
- NHL great Gordie Howe retires after 26 seasons.
- Judy Rankin wins LPGA Lady Eve Golf Open.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Nilsson - Without You
- America - A Horse With No Name
- Neil Young - Heart Of Gold
- Carpenters - Hurting Each Other
- Robert John - The Lion Sleeps Tonight (Wimoweh) (Mbube)
- Climax - Precious And Few
- The Osmonds - Down By The Lazy River
- Bread - Everything I Own
- Cher - The Way Of Love
- T. Rex - Bang A Gong (Get It On)
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 12 March 1972 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?