Sunday 19 March 1972
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of March people in US were listening to Heart Of Gold by Neil Young.
In UK Without You by Nilsson was in the top 5 hits.
Pink Flamingos, directed by John Waters, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while The Winds Of War by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1972.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 March 1972!
Which were the important events of 19 March 1972 ?
- Saint Adeltrudis (d.670)
- Saint Landoald
- Las Fallas in Valencia, Spain.
- Roman Catholicism and Church of England - Saint Joseph's Day for Saint Joseph of Nazareth, spouse of the Blessed Virgin Mary, stepfather of Jesus; patron saint of Belgium, a good death, carpenters hence also (alternative) Father's Day in Spain, Portugal, Belgium
- Mojoday in Discordianism
- The swallows return to Mission San Juan Capistrano in California.
- The first day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
Famous Birthdays:19 March
- To Live Another Summer closes at Helen Hayes NYC after 173 performances
- LA Lakers beat Golden State Warriors, 162-99, by then record 63 pts
- Carol Mann wins LPGA Orange Blossom Golf Classic.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Neil Young - Heart Of Gold
- America - A Horse With No Name
- Robert John - The Lion Sleeps Tonight (Wimoweh) (Mbube)
- Nilsson - Without You
- Bread - Everything I Own
- Paul Simon - Mother And Child Reunion
- Climax - Precious And Few
- Cher - The Way Of Love
- Donny Osmond - Puppy Love
- The Osmonds - Down By The Lazy River
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?