Wednesday 1 March 1972
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Omar Daal and Profail Grier.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Without You by Nilsson.
In UK Son Of My Father by Chicory Tip was in the top 5 hits.
Tales from the Crypt, directed by Freddie Francis, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while The Winds Of War by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Top à....
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Empire or Pong.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 March 1972!
Which were the important events of 1 March 1972 ?
- Saint Eudoxia
- Self Injury Awareness Day
- Historically, March 1st was considered to be the beginning of the Roman 'work year' as January (the official first month) and February were unfit for warfare. The numerical Latin names of some months reflect this. (September = Seventh, October = Eighth, November = Ninth, December = Tenth). (see New Year).
- Korea - Independence Movement Day (Samiljeol; ???).
- Saint David's Day (National Holiday of Wales).
- Iceland - This day is called the Beer Day, but this day in 1989 beer was allowed again.
- Martisor - a seasonal holiday in Romania.
- Baba Marta - a Bulgarian custom when the Martenitsa is worn for good health and luck symbolizing the beginning of the spring season in Bulgaria.
- Eight Hours Day - Tasmania, Australia.
- Saint Albin
- Labour day - Western Australia.
- Saint Swidbert
- Bah�'f Faith - Last Day (4 or 5) of Ayy�m-i-H� (Intercalary Days) - days in the Bah�'f calendar devoted to service and gift giving.
- World Day of Prayer.
- Roman Empire - The sacred fire of Rome was renewed (See Vesta).
- Roman Empire - New Year.
- World Civil Defense Day - This Day commemorates the entry into force in 1972 of the ICDO Constitution as an inter-governmental organisation. 
- Roman Empire - Matronalia in honor of Juno.
- Independence Day in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Saint Monan, largely legendary Scottish saint.
- Omar Daal: Maracaibo, Venezuela -- Pitcher (Montreal Expos).
- Profail Grier: Canadian Football League running back (Saskatchewan Roughriders).
- Tyler Hamilton: American athlete, Hamilton is the first American to win the 161-mile Liege-Bastogne-Liege in France in April 27, 2003, he also won Switzerland’s Tour of Romandie in early May that year.
- Último Guerrero: Mexican wrestler.
- Victor Babin: Composer, dies at 63.
- Club of Rome publishes report Boundaries on the Growth
- KHMA TV channel 11 in Houma, LA (IND) begins broadcasting
- Wilt Chamberlain is first NBA player to score 30,000 points.
- The Thai province of Yasothon is created after being split off from the Ubon Ratchathani province.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 1 March 1972
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Nilsson - Without You
- Carpenters - Hurting Each Other
- Climax - Precious And Few
- The Osmonds - Down By The Lazy River
- Bread - Everything I Own
- Robert John - The Lion Sleeps Tonight (Wimoweh) (Mbube)
- Neil Young - Heart Of Gold
- Al Green - Let's Stay Together
- Carole King - Sweet Seasons
- T. Rex - Bang A Gong (Get It On)
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?