Saturday 4 March 1972
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of March people in US were listening to Without You by Nilsson.
In UK Son Of My Father by Chicory Tip was in the top 5 hits.
Frogs, directed by George McCowan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while The Winds Of War by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1972.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 March 1972!
Which were the important events of 4 March 1972 ?
- Saint Efrem
- Catholicism - Commemoration of Saint Lucius I, pope, martyr.
- Saint Peter of Pappacarbone.
- Saint Lucius I.
- Saint Pierre de Cluny.
- Feast day of Humbert III of Savoy.
- Saint Basil and his Companions.
- Saint Adrian of Nicomedia, bishop of Saint Andrew's, and his Companions.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Casimir, patron saint of Lithuania.
- United States - Inauguration Day (1789 - 1933)
- St. Thomas, Ontario, Canada - Charter Day (1881)
- Vermont - Admission Day (1791).
- Pennsylvania - Charter Day (1681).
- Wales - Feast day of Rhiannon, Celtic Moon Goddess.
- Feast day of Saint Placide Viel.
- Ivy Queen: American composer and singer.
- Yann Bonato: French basketball player, who won the silver medal at the 2000 Summer Olympics with the Men's National Team.
- Brittney Powell: German-American actress.
- Giorgos Mazonakis: Greek pop singer.
- Buck 65: Canadian rapper and producer (Bike for Three!).
- Katherine Center: contemporary American fiction author
- Nocturno Culto: Norwegian singer-songwriter and guitarist (Darkthrone and Satyricon)
- Ian Garbutt: English professional golfer
- Robert Smith: American football player and sportscaster
- Jos Verstappen: Dutch race car driver
- Alison Wheeler: English singer-songwriter (The Beautiful South)
- Chris Borg in Lexington: South Carolina, USA; canoe (alternate-Olympics-1996).
- Sherida Pawiroredjo: in Suriname; Miss Indra Maju (1993).
- Martin St Pierre: Ripon, Quebec -- 20k walker (1996 Olympics)
- Last train run between Penrith and Keswick, United Kingdom.
- Erhard Keller (Germany) skates world record 1000 metre (1:18.5).
- Libya and the Soviet Union sign a co-operation treaty.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Nilsson - Without You
- Carpenters - Hurting Each Other
- Climax - Precious And Few
- The Osmonds - Down By The Lazy River
- Bread - Everything I Own
- Robert John - The Lion Sleeps Tonight (Wimoweh) (Mbube)
- Neil Young - Heart Of Gold
- Al Green - Let's Stay Together
- Carole King - Sweet Seasons
- T. Rex - Bang A Gong (Get It On)
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?