Monday 11 October 1954
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Hold My Hand by Don Cornell was in the top 5 hits.
White Christmas, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Mary Anne by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 October 1954!
Which were the important events of 11 October 1954 ?
- Danny Sugerman: American writer, a screenwriter and the manager of the 1960’s group, "The Doors," Sugerman co-wrote, with Jerry Hopkins, a best-selling biography of Jim Morrison titled "No One Gets Out Alive.
- David Michaels: American epidemiologist and politician.
- Vojislav Šešelj: Serbian lawyer and politician Deputy Prime Minister of Serbia.
- Atsuko Takahata: Japanese actress.
- Vojislav Seselj: Serbian politician.
- On Your Toes opens at 46th St. Theater NYC for 64 performances
- Pope Pius XII publishes encyclical Ad caeli Reginam
- First Indochina War: The Viet Minh take control of North Vietnam.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1954 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 11 October 1954 and get them!