Saturday 30 October 1954
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include T Graham Brown and JoAnne Russell in Miami.
In UK Hold My Hand by Don Cornell was in the top 5 hits.
Summer Interlude, directed by Ingmar Bergman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Love Is Eternal by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Walt Disney's Wonderful World of Color.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 October 1954!
Which were the important events of 30 October 1954 ?
- St. Macarius
- Also see October 30 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Zenobius & Zenobia
- St. Theonestus
- St. Talacrian
- St. Serapion
- USA - Mischief Night in some areas (known as Devil's Night in Detroit)
- St. Saturninus
- St. Marcel
- Bl. John Slade
- St. Herbert
- St. Dorothy of Montau
- St. Artemas
- St. Arilda
- St. Alfonso Rodrfguez
- Calendar of Saints - October 30th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Bl. Angelus of Acri
- St. Maximus
- T Graham Brown: Arabi, Georgia -- Country singer (Come as you Were).
- JoAnne Russell in Miami: Florida, USA; tennis player (Wimbeldon Double 1977).
- Piero Gros: Italian alpine skier, he won a gold medal in the slalom at the 1976 Olympics.
- Simon Reptile: Australian openly-gay entertainer, performance artist, actor, clothing designer, nightclub manager, socialite and frontman of several groups including The Multiple Maniacs.
- Mahmoud Khatib: Egyptian footballer.
- Mario Testino: Peruvian-born English fashion photographer
- Linus Pauling won the Nobel prize in chemistry
- US Armed Forces end segregation of races
- Defense Department announces elimination of all segregated regiments.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1954 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?