Friday 15 October 1954
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Hold My Hand by Don Cornell was in the top 5 hits.
White Christmas, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Mary Anne by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 October 1954!
Which were the important events of 15 October 1954 ?
- United States - White Cane Safety Day, National Grouch Day, Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Day
- R.C. Saints - Saint Teresa of Avila
- Roman festivals - the Equirria or October equus: sacrifice of a horse to Mars
- French Republican Calendar - Amaryllis (Amaryllis) Day, twenty-fourth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Friederike: Princess Friederike of Hanover.
- Julia Yeomans: English physicist and academic.
- Princess Friederike of Hanover: Princess of Great Britain and Ireland, Duchess of Brunswick-Luneburg.
- Kip Byrne: Detroit, Michigan -- Canadian Tour golfer (Mich State Jr-1970-71).
- Peter Bakowski: Australian poet and educator.
- Jere Burns: American actor, Jere (pronounced "Jerry") has become known through his work in sitcoms like the smarmy Kirk in "Dear John" starring Judd Hirsch, and as an eager-to-please station manager, Frank Alfano, on "Good Morning, Miami." He landed the leading male role in "Something So Right" in which he played an understanding father of a blended family. The oldest of four boys of cap and gown manufacturer and a homemaker, he was smitten by the stage as a young boy and went off to New York after college
- Hurricane Hazel strikes US and Canada, 348 die
- KLTV TV channel 7 in Tyler-Longview, TX (ABC) begins broadcasting
- Hurricane Hazel makes U.S. landfall it is the only recorded Category 4 hurricane to strike as far north as North Carolina.
- Texas Instruments announces the development of the first transistor radio.
- The comic strip ''Hi and Lois'', by Mort Walker and Dik Browne, is launched.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1954 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 15 October 1954 and get them!