Saturday 16 October 1954
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Stephen Mellor and Lorenzo Carcaterra.
In UK Hold My Hand by Don Cornell was in the top 5 hits.
White Christmas, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Mary Anne by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Halls of Ivy.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 October 1954!
Which were the important events of 16 October 1954 ?
- Stephen Mellor: American actor.
- Lorenzo Carcaterra: American writer and journalist , Carcaterra is the author of "Sleepers" and "A Safe Place: The True Story of a Father, a Son, a Murder" and screenwriter for the popular TV series "Top Cops.
- Michael Forsyth: Scottish politician, a Conservative Member of Parliament returned at General Election 6/11/1987.
- Serafino Ghizzoni: Italian rugby player.
- Corinna Harfouch: German actress.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 16 October 1954
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1954 ?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?