Wednesday 20 October 1954
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Gunter Muller and Enzo Gragnaniello.
In UK Hold My Hand by Don Cornell was in the top 5 hits.
Summer Interlude, directed by Ingmar Bergman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Love Is Eternal by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Walt Disney's Wonderful World of Color.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 October 1954!
Which were the important events of 20 October 1954 ?
- October 20 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bah�'f Faith - Holy Day - the B�b
- French Republican Calendar - Orge (Barley) Day, twenty-ninth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Gunter Muller: German percussionist.
- Enzo Gragnaniello: Italian singer-songwriter and composer, who began playing the guitar at the age of 12 and began composing his first songs at 18 years old.
- Steve Orich: American composer and conductor.
- Willie Shaw: race car driver (Indy 500-1937, 1939, 1940), dies at age 51.
- Peter Pan opens at Winter Garden Theater NYC for 149 performances
- A dock workers' strike expands in England.
- West Germany joins NATO.
- Paris Agreement sets up the Western European Union to implement the Treaty of Brussels (1948) providing for mutual self-defence and other collaboration between Belgium, France, West Germany, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands and the United Kingdom.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1954 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?