Tuesday 19 October 1954
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Hold My Hand by Don Cornell was in the top 5 hits.
Summer Interlude, directed by Ingmar Bergman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Love Is Eternal by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1954.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 October 1954!
Which were the important events of 19 October 1954 ?
- Niue - Constitution Day in honour of the country's independence (self-governing in free association with New Zealand) in 1974.
- Brazil - Independence Day of State of Piauf
- Albania - Mother Teresa Day.
- Also see October 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Roman Catholic Saints - Saints Jean de BrTbeuf, Isaac Jogues, and Companions; Saint Frideswide
- Roman festivals - Armilustrium in honor of Mars
- French Republican Calendar - Tomate (Tomato) Day, twenty-eighth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Deborah Blum: American journalist and author.
- Joe Bryant: American basketball player and coach.
- Ken Stott: Scottish actor.
- Sam Allardyce: English football manager.
- Egypt and Great Britain sign treaty; British troops departs
- KAKE TV channel 10 in Wichita, KS (ABC) begins broadcasting
- First ascent of Cho Oyu.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1954 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?