Saturday 12 April 1947
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
This Happy Breed, directed by David Lean, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1947.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 April 1947!
Which were the important events of 12 April 1947 ?
- Saint Julius I
- Saint Zeno of Verona
- Saint Erkembode
- Saint Damian
- Yuri's Night, an international celebration of the first human in space, Yuri Gagarin; in Russia (and formerly in USSR), the Cosmonautics Day.
- The Roman holiday of Cerealia begins.
- Tom Clancy: American author best known for his technically detailed espionage and military science storylines that are set during and in the aftermath of the Cold War, along with video games which bear his name for licensing and promotional purposes.
- Antonin Kratochvil: Czech-born American photographer.
- David Letterman in Indianapolis: Indiana, USA; comedian (Late Night).
- Roy Anderson: English epidemiologist zoologist and academic.
- Martin Brasier: English palaeontologist biologist and academic (d. 2014).
- Alex Briley: American singer (Village People)
- Woody Johnson: American businessman and philanthropist
- Dan Lauria: American actor
- Wayne Northrop: American actor
- Wayne Northrop in Sumner: Washington, USA; actor (Michael - Dynasty).
- Richard Sharp: American executive and CEO of Circuit City (145 Stores), a nationwide electronics, appliances, computers and small mercantile retailer. Sharp taught himself computer programming while in the Air Force and attended college at the University of Virginia.
- David Letterman: American contemporary humorist and talk show host, the winner of an Emmy as Best Host and Best Writer for a Daytime Variety Series, "The David Letterman Show," 1981. Starting on local radio and TV while still in college in the late '60s, he took a full time job at the station after graduating. He moved to Los Angeles in 1975 to do stand-up comedy and comedy writing and moved into TV, appearing as a favorite on Carson's "Tonight Show."
- Christian F L Leipoldt: South African writer (Die Moormansgat).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1947 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Roses in the Rain - Frankie Carle & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?