Monday 21 April 1947
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Odd Man Out, directed by Carol Reed, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1947.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 April 1947!
Which were the important events of 21 April 1947 ?
- Rome - city birthday.
- Saint Wolbodo
- Saint Konrad von Parzham
- Saint Anastasius I
- Saint Anselm, Archbishop of Canterbury
- Texas-San Jacinto Day
- Grounation Day in Rastafari movement.
- Sunni Islam - Mawlid, Prophet Muhammad's birthday (2005).
- Roman Empire - the Parilia was held in honor of Pales.
- Bah�'f Faith - First day of the festival of Ridv�n.
- Tiradentes - Brazil.
- Iggy Pop [James Newell Osterberg] in Ypsilanti: Michigan, USA; rocker (Zombie Birdhouse).
- Alan Warner: rocker (Foundations).
- Robert Black: Scottish kidnapper and child molester suspected of committing three unsolved murders.
- Jean-Pierre Defait: French journalist and editor of "Ciel et Espace" [Sky and Space], a French monthly magazine published by the French Astronomical Association.
- Iggy Pop: American musician, a punk rocker.
- Barbara Park: Children's Author
- John Weider: English bass player (Family The Animals Johnny Kidd & the Pirates and Stud)
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1947 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Free Eats - Count Basie & His Orchestra
- Linda - Paul Weston & His Orchestra
- My Melancholy Baby - Sam Donahue & His Orchestra
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?