Monday 12 August 1929
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Charles Moore and Joji Yuasa.
Words and Music, directed by James Tinling, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1929.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 August 1929!
Which were the important events of 12 August 1929 ?
- Charles Moore: Coatsville, Pennsylvania -- 400m hurdler (1952 Olympics - Gold / Silver Medalist).
- Joji Yuasa: Composer.
- Buck Owens in Sherman: Texas, USA; country singer (Hee Haw).
- Sid Bernstein: American promoter who brought the Beatles over to the U.S.
- Buck Owens: American musician, a country-western singer, songwriter and guitarist who also played trumpet and saxophone.
- Rene Brejassou: France sport Champion
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?