Saturday 24 August 1929
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Hallelujah!, directed by King Vidor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1929.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 August 1929!
Which were the important events of 24 August 1929 ?
- Liberia: Flag Day
- RC Saints - Feast day of Saint Bartholomew
- Roman festivals - first of the 3 days on which the mundus was opened
- Ukraine: National Holiday, independence from Russia (1991)
- Sierra Leone: President's Birthday
- William Winfield: Rocker (Harptones).
- Pierre Mazeaud: French politician, jurist and state counselor.
- Betty Dodson: American feminist and sex educator.
- Yasser Arafat: Palestinian leader, recipient of the Nobel Peace Prize (d. 2004).
- 43rd US Womens Tennis: Helen Wills Moody beats Phoebe H Watson (64 62)
- Palestinians attack orthodox Jews in Jerusalem
- Turkey and Persia sign a friendship treaty.
- Second day of two-day Hebron massacre during the 1929 Palestine riots: Arab attacks on the Jewish community in Hebron in the British Mandate of Palestine, result in the death of 65-68 Jews and the remaining Jews being forced to leave the city.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?