Sunday 27 July 1958
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of July people in US were listening to Yakety Yak by The Coasters.
In UK All I Have To Do Is Dream / Claudette by The Everly Brothers was in the top 5 hits.
The Fly, directed by Kurt Neumann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Anatomy Of A Murder by Robert Traver was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1958.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 July 1958!
Which were the important events of 27 July 1958 ?
- Maldives - Independence Day, 2nd Day
- Vietnam - Memorial Day for War Martyrs
- Ancient Latvia - Septinu Guletaju Diena held
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 10 saints: St. Pantaleon
- St. Congall
- The Seven Sleepers, Saints Maximian
- Cuba - Revolution Day, 2nd Day
- St. Luican
- Christopher Dean: Olympics skater (Torvill & Dean / Olympics - Gold - 1984).
- Kimmo Hakola: Finnish composer.
- Claire Chennault: American general and pilot (d. 1958).
- Louise Suggs wins LPGA French Lick Golf Open
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Coasters - Yakety Yak
- Elvis Presley - Hard Headed Woman
- Sheb Wooley - The Purple People Eater
- Bobby Darin - Splish Splash
- Ricky Nelson - Poor Little Fool
- Perez Prado and His Orchestra - Patricia
- Duane Eddy - Rebel-'Rouser
- Kalin Twins - When
- Jody Reynolds - Endless Sleep
- Jimmie Rodgers - Secretly
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?