Sunday 13 July 1958
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of July people in US were listening to The Purple People Eater by Sheb Wooley.
In UK All I Have To Do Is Dream / Claudette by The Everly Brothers was in the top 5 hits.
The Fly, directed by Kurt Neumann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Anatomy Of A Murder by Robert Traver was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1958.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 July 1958!
Which were the important events of 13 July 1958 ?
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday, 3rd day
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of K�lim�t (Words) - First day of the seventh month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Bon Festival - Buddhist festival to honor the dead (East Japan)
- Kiribati - Independence Day, 2nd day (not a holiday)
- Karl Erb: German tenor, dies on 81st birthday.
- 87th British Golf Open: Peter Thomson shoots a 278 at Royal Lytham
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Sheb Wooley - The Purple People Eater
- The Coasters - Yakety Yak
- Elvis Presley - Hard Headed Woman
- The Everly Brothers - All I Have To Do Is Dream
- Jody Reynolds - Endless Sleep
- Perez Prado and His Orchestra - Patricia
- Bobby Darin - Splish Splash
- Dean Martin - Return To Me
- Jimmie Rodgers - Secretly
- David Seville - Witch Doctor
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?