Thursday 3 July 1958
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Robert Foth and Sian Lloyd.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to The Purple People Eater by Sheb Wooley.
In UK Who's Sorry Now by Connie Francis was in the top 5 hits.
King Creole, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Anatomy Of A Murder by Robert Traver was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Frontier Justice.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 July 1958!
Which were the important events of 3 July 1958 ?
- National holiday in Belarus
- Feast day of Saint Thomas
- Start of the Dog Days
- Robert Foth: Buffalo, New York -- Air rifle (Olympics - 1988, 92, 96).
- Sian Lloyd: Welsh weather presenter.
- Lisa De Leeuw: American porn actress (d. 1993).
- Matthew Fraser: Canadian-English journalist and academic.
- Charlie Higson: English actor singer and author (The Higsons).
- Siân Lloyd: Welsh meteorologist and journalist
- Didier Mouron: Swiss-Canadian painter
- Aaron Tippin: American singer-songwriter guitarist and producer
- Andy Williams Show premieres on ABC (later on CBS & NBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Sheb Wooley - The Purple People Eater
- The Coasters - Yakety Yak
- The Everly Brothers - All I Have To Do Is Dream
- David Seville - Witch Doctor
- Jody Reynolds - Endless Sleep
- Dean Martin - Return To Me
- Jimmie Rodgers - Secretly
- Jan and Arnie - Jennie Lee
- Bobby Freeman - Do You Want To Dance
- The Four Preps - Big Man
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?