Monday 28 July 1958
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of July people in US were listening to Patricia by Perez Prado and His Orchestra.
In UK All I Have To Do Is Dream / Claudette by The Everly Brothers was in the top 5 hits.
The Fly, directed by Kurt Neumann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Anatomy Of A Murder by Robert Traver was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1958.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 July 1958!
Which were the important events of 28 July 1958 ?
- St. Celsus
- St. Victor
- St. Innocent
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Nazarius
- San Marino - Fall of the Fascist Government
- Peru - Independence Day
- Faroe Islands - �lavs�ka Eve
- Canada - Commemoration of the deportation of the Acadians
- St. Sampson (a bishop)
- Terry Fox: Canadian athlete, whose transcontinental run helped raise more than $24 million for cancer research.
- Sarah Schulman: American author & playwright, co-founder of the Lesbian Avengers political group.
- Michael Hitchcock: American actor producer and screenwriter.
- Baltimore Colts wins NFL-championship
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Perez Prado and His Orchestra - Patricia
- Ricky Nelson - Poor Little Fool
- Elvis Presley - Hard Headed Woman
- Bobby Darin - Splish Splash
- The Coasters - Yakety Yak
- Duane Eddy - Rebel-'Rouser
- Kalin Twins - When
- Sheb Wooley - The Purple People Eater
- Jody Reynolds - Endless Sleep
- The Elegants - Little Star
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?