Saturday 19 July 1958
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of July people in US were listening to The Purple People Eater by Sheb Wooley.
In UK All I Have To Do Is Dream / Claudette by The Everly Brothers was in the top 5 hits.
The Fly, directed by Kurt Neumann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Anatomy Of A Murder by Robert Traver was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1958.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 July 1958!
Which were the important events of 19 July 1958 ?
- According to sitcom Father Ted, previous events that occurred on July 19 included Galway being liberated by the Indians, Marathon was renamed Snickers and the Ice Age ended.
- St. Symmachus
- St. Machrina
- St. Arsenius
- Catholic - Feasts of St. Vincent de Paul
- Nicaragua - National Liberation Day
- Myanmar - Martyr's Day
- Malaysia - Birthday of Yang di-Pertuan Besar of Ng Sembilan
- Roman festivals - Lucaria
- Brad Drewett: Australian tennis player and sportscaster (d. 2013).
- Robert Gibson: American professional wrestler.
- David Robertson: American symphony orchestra conductor.
- Robert Earl Hughes: weighed 1,041 pounds (473kg), dies at age 32.
- Oh, Captain! closes at Alvin Theater NYC after 192 performances
- Charly Gaul wins Tour de France
- The Beatles, then The Quarrymen, pay 17 shillings and 6 pence to have their first recording session where they record ''That'll Be The Day'' by Buddy Holly and ''In Spite Of All The Danger'' by Paul McCartney and George Harrison.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Sheb Wooley - The Purple People Eater
- The Coasters - Yakety Yak
- Elvis Presley - Hard Headed Woman
- Ricky Nelson - Poor Little Fool
- Bobby Darin - Splish Splash
- Perez Prado and His Orchestra - Patricia
- The Everly Brothers - All I Have To Do Is Dream
- Jody Reynolds - Endless Sleep
- Jimmie Rodgers - Secretly
- Duane Eddy - Rebel-'Rouser
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?