Sunday 13 January 1974
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of January people in US were listening to The Joker by Steve Miller Band.
In UK You Won't Find Another Fool Like Me by The New Seekers was in the top 5 hits.
Don't Look Now, directed by Nicolas Roeg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while Centennial by James A. Michener was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 January 1974!
Which were the important events of 13 January 1974 ?
- In Sweden, Christmas ends on the 20th day, St. Knut's Day. Children celebrate a party throwing out the Christmas tree (julgransplundring).
- Sergei Brylin: Russian ice hockey player and coach.
- Sergei Brylin in Moscow: Russia; NHL center (New Jersey Devils).
- Matt Lepsis: NFL tackle (Denver Broncos-Super Bowl XXXII).
- Super Bowl VIII: Miami Dolphins beat Minnesota Vikings, 24-7 in Houston, Texas; Most Valuable Player: Larry Csonka, running back.
- Seraphim is elected Archbishop of Athens and All Greece.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Steve Miller Band - The Joker
- Al Wilson - Show And Tell
- Ringo Starr - You're Sixteen
- Brownsville Station - Smokin' In The Boy's Room
- Gladys Knight and the Pips - I've Got To Use My Imagination
- Olivia Newton-John - Let Me Be There
- Barry White - Never, Never Gonna Give Ya Up
- Stevie Wonder - Living For The City
- Paul McCartney - Helen Wheels
- Jim Croce - Time In A Bottle
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 13 January 1974 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?