Tuesday 14 April 2009
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of April people in US were listening to Boom Boom Pow by The Black Eyed Peas.
17 Again, directed by Burr Steers, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while Twilight by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 April 2009!
Which were the important events of 14 April 2009 ?
- Vishu - Harvest festival in Kerala, India.
- N'Ko Alphabet Day - the anniversary of the day the N'Ko alphabet was completed in 1949.
- Tamil New Year - Celebrations for Tamils all over the world.
- New Year Celebrations in parts of India and whole of Sri Lanka.
- Baisakhi - Celebrations in Punjab, India.
- Poila Baisakh - Celebrations in Bengal, India.
- Youth Day in Angola.
- Black Day - Informal celebration day for single people in South Korea.
- 2nd Day Passover (in 2006) - Jewish festival.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 14 April
- North Korea will depart the six-party talks and resume its nuclear program. (BBC)
- French fishing vessels institute blockades at Boulogne-sur-Mer and Dunkirk to protest the Common Fisheries Policy. (BBC)
- Somali pirates hijack the merchant vessels ''Irene'' of Greece and ''Sea Horse'' of Lebanon. (Sky News)
- The Camel Reproduction Center in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, announces the birth of Injaz, the first cloned camel. (Telegraph)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 2009 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 14 April 2009 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?