Tuesday 14 January 1947
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
13 Rue Madeleine, directed by Henry Hathaway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
while The Miracle of the Bells by Russell Janne was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1947.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 January 1947!
Which were the important events of 14 January 1947 ?
- Day of St. Basil the Great in Eastern Orthodoxy, January 1 on the Julian Calendar.
- Feast of Divina Pastora, in Barquisimeto, Venezuela.
- Makar Sankranti in India. The event is marked by flying kites. Also Pongal in South India.
- New Year's Day in Eastern Orthodoxy, see Julian Calendar.
- Festum Asinorum, medieval burlesque festival celebrating the Flight into Egypt.
- Bill Weberniuk: Canadian snookers player.
- Taylor Branch: American historian and author.
- Bev Perdue: American educator and politician 73rd Governor of North Carolina.
- Bill Werbeniuk: Canadian snooker player (d. 2003).
- Beverly Perdue: American politician.
- Nicholas Bissell: American attorney found to have skimmed over $200,000 from a gas station that he partly owned, as well as an array of other charges, including Federal embezzlement, fraud and tax evasion, blackmail and forgery. He was indicted on 9/28/1995 and convicted of 30 counts on 5/31/1996.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1947 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Johnny Mercer - Huggin' and a-Chalkin'
- A Gal in Calico - Bing Crosby
- A Gal in Calico - Benny Goodman & His Orchestra (Vocal Eve Young)
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?