Saturday 15 July 1961
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jean-Christophe Grange and Ken Austin.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Tossin' And Turnin' by Bobby Lewis.
In UK Runaway by Del Shannon was in the top 5 hits.
Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea, directed by Irwin Allen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1961
while The Agony And The Ecstasy by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 July 1961!
Which were the important events of 15 July 1961 ?
- Saint Vladimir the Great's day (Eastern Orthodox; Roman Catholic)
- Confuflux (Discordianism)
- Saint Swithun's feast day (Anglican Church)
- Japan - Third day of Obon feast period
- Palermo, Sicily - Festival of Santa Rosalia
- Brunei - Birthday of the Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam
- Botswana - President's Day
- Saint Donald's feast day
- Brazil - International Men's Day
- Jean-Christophe Grange: French writer and screenwriter.
- Ken Austin: American athlete, played pro basketball for Detroit, one season, 1983-84.
- Kathleen Dempsey: American homicide victim who died of massive stab wounds to her abdomen, diaphragm, liver and kidneys on 8/23/1992, 5:30 AM, Lexington, MA.
- Jean-Christophe Grangé: French mystery writer, journalist, and screenwriter.
- Forest Whitaker: American award-winning actor who won an Oscar for best actor on February 26, 2007 for his portrayal of Idi Amin in "The Last King of Scotland.
- John E Brownlee: Canadian politician (Born 1884).
- Donnybrook! closes at 46th St. Theater NYC after 68 performances
- 90th British Golf Open: Arnold Palmer shoots a 284 at Royal Birkdale
- Spain accept equal rights for men andwomen
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1961 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobby Lewis - Tossin' And Turnin'
- Brook Benton - The Boll Weevil Song
- Gary U.S. Bonds - Quarter To Three
- Dee Clark - Raindrops
- Adam Wade - The Writing On The Wall
- Pips - Every Beat Of My Heart
- Pat Boone - Moody River
- Arthur Lyman Group - Yellow Bird
- Del Shannon - Hats Off To Larry
- Paul Anka - Dance On Little Girl
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?