Friday 21 July 1961
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of July people in US were listening to Tossin' And Turnin' by Bobby Lewis.
In UK Runaway by Del Shannon was in the top 5 hits.
Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea, directed by Irwin Allen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1961
while The Agony And The Ecstasy by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 July 1961!
Which were the important events of 21 July 1961 ?
- St. Zoticus
- St. Victor of Marseilles
- St. Barhadbesciabus
- St. Arbogastus
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Praxedes
- Singapore: Racial Harmony Day
- Guam: Liberation Day (1944)
- Bolivia: Martyrs' Day
- Belgium: National holiday (1831 - inauguration of LTopold I, first king of the Belgians)
- Don Wilson: CFL linebacker (BC Lions).
- Henry Ellard: NFL wide receiver (Washington Redskins).
- Amar Singh Chamkila: Punjabi folk singer.
- Jim Martin: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (Faith No More EZ-Street Spastik Children and Voodoocult).
- Launch of Mercury 4 (Liberty Bell) with Grissom.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1961 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobby Lewis - Tossin' And Turnin'
- Gary U.S. Bonds - Quarter To Three
- Brook Benton - The Boll Weevil Song
- Chris Kenner - I Like It Like That, Part 1
- Dee Clark - Raindrops
- Brenda Lee - Dum Dum
- Arthur Lyman Group - Yellow Bird
- Del Shannon - Hats Off To Larry
- Adam Wade - The Writing On The Wall
- Pips - Every Beat Of My Heart
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?