Wednesday 12 July 1961
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of July people in US were listening to Tossin' And Turnin' by Bobby Lewis.
In UK Runaway by Del Shannon was in the top 5 hits.
Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea, directed by Irwin Allen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1961
while The Agony And The Ecstasy by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 July 1961!
Which were the important events of 12 July 1961 ?
- Sveti Petar (St. Peter)
- Sunset and sunrise occur along Manhattan's street grid centerline
- Newfoundland - Orangemen's Day
- Northern Ireland - Battle of the Boyne Day (also known as Orangemen's Day or the Twelfth, see Irish calendar).
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday (2nd day)
- The "center pivot irrigation day" of Colorado
- Kiribati - Independence Day
- RainMaker Day - Salem, OR.
- Spo TomT and Prfncipe - Independence Day
- Dave Kellman: American restaurateur, he was one of triplets reunited with his brothers, Eddie and Bob, in 1980 after seeing their picture in a paper and contacting them.
- Bruce Braman: Greene, New York -- Canoeist (1996 Olympics).
- Heikko Glöde: German footballer and manager.
- Shiva Rajkumar: Indian actor singer and producer.
- Bob Shafran: American entrepreneur, the first born of triplets separated at birth.
- Heikko Glode: German footballer
- Mazo de la Roche: Canadian author and playwright (d. 1961).
- Pune floods due to failure of the Khadakwasla and Panshet dams. Half of Pune is submerged, more than 100,000 families need to be relocated and the death tally exceeds 2,000.
- A Czechoslovakian Ilyushin Il-18 crashes while attempting to land at Casablanca, Morocco, killing all 72 persons on board.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1961 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobby Lewis - Tossin' And Turnin'
- Gary U.S. Bonds - Quarter To Three
- Pat Boone - Moody River
- Brook Benton - The Boll Weevil Song
- Dee Clark - Raindrops
- Arthur Lyman Group - Yellow Bird
- Del Shannon - Hats Off To Larry
- Adam Wade - The Writing On The Wall
- Pips - Every Beat Of My Heart
- Paul Anka - Dance On Little Girl
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?