Friday 15 June 1917
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 June 1917!
Which were the important events of 15 June 1917 ?
- Commemoration of Evelyn Underhill (Anglican mystic and poet)
- Roman Catholic Church ? Feast of Saint Germaine Cousin, patron of shepherdesses and of victims of child abuse
- Roman Catholic Church and some Anglican churches: Corpus Christi (moveable feast, 2006)
- Saint Vitus' Day ? Vitus Diena held in medieval Latvia
- Malawi's Freedom Day
- Commemoration of William Adams (Miura Anjin ????) a man shipwrecked in Japan in the 1600s, and whom James Clavell's "Shogun" was based upon
- Flag Day in Denmark
- Roman Empire ? ninth and final day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Lash La Rue: American actor (d. 1996).
- Bill Martin in Iowa: USA; moviemaker at 20th Century Fox, Disney Studios, Imagineers, extensive work on Disneyland, vice president of design 1971-77, planned Walt Disney World and Tokyo Disneyland, named Disney Legend 1994.
- Marcel Leoutre: France Military man.
- Robert Coffin: American Lieutenant General.
- John Fenn: American chemist and academic Nobel Prize laureate (d. 2010).
- Michalis Genitsaris: Greek rebetiko singer and composer (Born 1917)
- Lash LaRue: American actor and producer (d. 1996)
- John Bennett Fenn: American chemist, Nobel laureate (d. 2010)
- Kristian Birkeland: Norwegian physicist and author (d. 1917).
- The United States enacts the Espionage Act.
- July ndash Panama Canal Department.
- A labor dispute ignites a race riot in East St. Louis, Illinois, which leaves 250 dead.
- Russian General Brusilov begins a major offensive in Galicia, initially advancing towards Lemberg.
- WWI: Arabian troops led by T. E. Lawrence capture Aqaba from the Turks.
- WWI: A conscription crisis in Canada leads to passage of the Military Service Act.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?