Saturday 15 June 1957
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Love Letters In The Sand by Pat Boone.
In UK Yes Tonight Josephine by Johnnie Ray was in the top 5 hits.
Tammy and the Bachelor, directed by Joseph Pevney, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while The Scapegoat by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 June 1957!
Which were the important events of 15 June 1957 ?
- Commemoration of Evelyn Underhill (Anglican mystic and poet)
- Roman Catholic Church ? Feast of Saint Germaine Cousin, patron of shepherdesses and of victims of child abuse
- Roman Catholic Church and some Anglican churches: Corpus Christi (moveable feast, 2006)
- Saint Vitus' Day ? Vitus Diena held in medieval Latvia
- Malawi's Freedom Day
- Commemoration of William Adams (Miura Anjin ????) a man shipwrecked in Japan in the 1600s, and whom James Clavell's "Shogun" was based upon
- Flag Day in Denmark
- Roman Empire ? ninth and final day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Clio Goldsmith: Paris, France -- Actress (Gift, Heat of Desire).
- Brad Gillis: American guitarist (Night Ranger and Rubicon).
- Stephen Lloyd: Kenyan-English businessman and politician.
- Seppo Pääkkönen: Finnish actor.
- Peeter Pere: Estonian architect.
- Seppo Paakkonen: Finnish actor
- Ziegfeld Follies of 1957 closes at Winter Garden NYC after 123 performances
- 42.01 cm (16.54) of rainfall, East St. Louis, Ill (state record)
- 57th US Golf Open: Dick Mayer shoots a 282 at Inverness Club in Toledo
- 89th Belmont: Bill Shoemaker aboard Gallant Man wins in 2:26.6
- Yanks trade Billy Martin and Ralph Terry for Ryne Duran
- Oklahoma celebrates its semi-centennial statehood. A brand new 1957 Plymouth Belvedere is buried in a time capsule (to be opened 50 years later on June 15, 2007).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Elvis Presley - All Shook Up
- Pat Boone - Love Letters In The Sand
- Perry Como - Round And Round
- The Diamonds - Little Darlin'
- Jimmy Dorsey - So Rare
- Marty Robbins - A White Sport Coat (And A Pink Carnation)
- Chuck Berry - School Day (Ring Ring Goes the Bell)
- Ferlin Husky - Gone
- Gale Storm - Dark Moon
- The Dell-Vikings - Come Go With Me
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?