Friday 15 October 1926
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
The Great K & A Train Robbery, directed by Lewis Seiler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 October 1926!
Which were the important events of 15 October 1926 ?
- United States - White Cane Safety Day, National Grouch Day, Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Day
- R.C. Saints - Saint Teresa of Avila
- Roman festivals - the Equirria or October equus: sacrifice of a horse to Mars
- French Republican Calendar - Amaryllis (Amaryllis) Day, twenty-fourth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- James E Akins: American diplomat and adviser to Richard Nixon (d. 2010).
- James Akins: American diplomat, ambassador to Saudi Arabia from 1973-1976.
- Michel Foucault: French philosopher and educator, a teacher at Clermant-Ferrand and in Paris and appointed to a chair in the History of Systems of Thought at the College of France, 1970.
- Auguste Caulet: France sport Champion.
- Evan Hunter [Ed McBain]: American writer (Blackboard Jungle).
- Agustín Calvo: Spanish philosopher and poet (d. 2012)
- Ed McBain: American author and screenwriter (d. 2005)
- Karl Richter: German organist and conductor (d. 1981)
- Jean Peters: American actress. She won a campus popularity contest which led to Hollywood where she signed a film contract with 20th Century Fox. From her debut in 1952, she played in multiple film roles in the '50s. Her films include "Captain From Castile" and "Viva Zapata" in 1952, "Three Coins in the Fountain," 1954 and "A Man Called Peter," 1955.
- Austria government of Seipel, forms
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1926 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Johnny Marvin - Breezin' Along with the Breeze
- The Blue Room - Revelers
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 15 October 1926 and get them!