Friday 8 October 1926
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Louise Hay and Claude Saillard.
The Winning of Barbara Worth, directed by Henry King, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 October 1926!
Which were the important events of 8 October 1926 ?
- French Republican Calendar - Citrouille (Pumpkin) Day, seventeenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 8 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bolivia - reportedly, Che Guevara is honoured on this day at which he was captured in La Higuera, as San Ernesto, answering prayers for rain.
- Wales and Cornwall - Saint Keyne
- RC Saints - Saint Susan of Blois
- Louise Hay: American motivational author, and the founder of Hay House.
- Claude Saillard: Le Mans EXecutives.
- Raaj Kumar: Pakistani-Indian police officer and actor (d. 1996).
- Álvaro Magaña: Salvadoran economist and politician President of El Salvador (d. 2001).
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 8 October 1926
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1926 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Cross Your Heart - Roger Wolfe Kahn & His Orchestra
- When the Red, Red Robin Comes Bob, Bob, Bobbin' Along - Whispering Jack Smith
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?