Friday 8 October 1926
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
The Winning of Barbara Worth, directed by Henry King, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1926.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 October 1926!
Which were the important events of 8 October 1926 ?
- French Republican Calendar - Citrouille (Pumpkin) Day, seventeenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 8 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bolivia - reportedly, Che Guevara is honoured on this day at which he was captured in La Higuera, as San Ernesto, answering prayers for rain.
- Wales and Cornwall - Saint Keyne
- RC Saints - Saint Susan of Blois
- Raaj Kumar: Pakistani-Indian police officer and actor (d. 1996).
- Álvaro Magaña: Salvadoran economist and politician President of El Salvador (d. 2001).
- Louise Hay: American motivational author, and the founder of Hay House.
- Claude Saillard: Le Mans EXecutives.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1926 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Cross Your Heart - Roger Wolfe Kahn & His Orchestra
- When the Red, Red Robin Comes Bob, Bob, Bobbin' Along - Whispering Jack Smith
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?