Wednesday 15 October 1924
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
The Navigator, directed by Donald Crisp, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1924.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 October 1924!
Which were the important events of 15 October 1924 ?
- United States - White Cane Safety Day, National Grouch Day, Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Day
- R.C. Saints - Saint Teresa of Avila
- Roman festivals - the Equirria or October equus: sacrifice of a horse to Mars
- French Republican Calendar - Amaryllis (Amaryllis) Day, twenty-fourth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Lee Iacocca: American self-made man who worked his way up to the presidency of the Ford Motor Co.
- Colin Romoff in New York City: New York, USA; orchestra leader (Andy Williams Show).
- Nigel Green: South Africa -- Actor (Skull, Tobruk, Ipcress File).
- Marguerite Andersen: German-Canadian author and educator.
- Mark Lenard: Actor (Sarek-Star Trek), dies of cancer at 68.
- Frank McDermott: American lawyer and politician (d. 2011)
- Warren Miller: American director and screenwriter
- President Coolidge declares Statue of Liberty a national monument
- The Statue of Liberty is designated a US national monument.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1924 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Hinky Dinky Parley Voo - Billy Jones & Ernest Hare
- Van & Schenck - I Wonder What's Become of Sally
- Pale Moon - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?