Saturday 16 April 1955
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of April people in US were listening to The Ballad Of Davy Crockett by Bill Hayes.
In UK Give Me Your Word by Tennessee Ernie Ford was in the top 5 hits.
Marty, directed by Delbert Mann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while The View From Pompey'S Head by Hamilton Basso was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1955.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 April 1955!
Which were the important events of 16 April 1955 ?
- Saint Paternus
- Saint Bernadette
- Blessed HervT of Tours
- Saint Turibius
- Saint Fructuosus
- Saint Drogo.
- Saint Benedict Joseph Labre
- Mawlid in Shi'a Islam (2006).
- Birthday of the Danish sovereign, Queen Margrethe, celebrated in Greenland.
- Saints Martial, Urban, Eventius, Caecilian, Julia, and their companions, martyrs of 304
- Charlotte Morrison: English large landowner / multi-millionaire.
- Ellen Barkin in the Bronx: New York, USA; actress (The Big Easy, Sea of Love, Switch).
- Richard Rosenthal: American homicide; a white male, dark haired and serious looking, who strangled and bludgeoned his wife Laura Jane on 8/28/1995, cut out her heart and lungs and impaled them on a stick in the back yard of their Framingham home.
- Bruce Bochy: American baseball player and manager.
- Henri : Heir Apparent Prince of Luxembourg.
- Burma-Japanese peace treaty, signed in Rangoon on November 5, 1954, comes into effect, formally ending a state of war between the two countries that had not existed for a long time.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1955 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?