Friday 8 April 1955
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include John Campbell and Patrick Mennucci.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to The Ballad Of Davy Crockett by Bill Hayes.
In UK Give Me Your Word by Tennessee Ernie Ford was in the top 5 hits.
Marty, directed by Delbert Mann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while The View From Pompey'S Head by Hamilton Basso was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Science Fiction Theatre.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1955.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 April 1955!
Which were the important events of 8 April 1955 ?
- Saint Constance
- Buddha's Birthday in Japan
- Saint Walter of Pontoise (died 1099)
- Saint Julie Billiart of Namur (died 1816).
- John Campbell: harness racer (three-time winner of Hambletonian).
- Patrick Mennucci: French politician of the socialist party, member of the natiaonal parliament since 2012, and mayor of the 1st district of Marseille since 2008.
- Kane Hodder: American actor and stuntman.
- Ricky Bell: American football player (d. 1984).
- Gerrie Coetzee: South African boxer.
- Ron Johnson: American politician, junior senator of Wisconsin.
- Barbara Kingsolver: American author and poet
- David Wu: Taiwanese-American lawyer and politician
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1955 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?