Wednesday 16 December 1959
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Heartaches By The Number by Guy Mitchell.
In UK What Do You Want? by Adam Faith was in the top 5 hits.
Suddenly, Last Summer, directed by Joseph L. Mankiewicz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1959
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1959.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 December 1959!
Which were the important events of 16 December 1959 ?
- R.C. Saints - O Sapientia ; Adelaide of Italy
- South Africa - Day of Reconciliation
- Nepal - Constitution Day (To be confirmed)
- Kazakhstan - Independence Day
- Bahrain - National Day
- Bangladesh - Victory Day
- Alison LaPlaca: American actress.
- Alexander Lebedev: Russian businessman and politician.
- Steve Mattsson: American author and illustrator.
- Larry Poindexter: American actor and singer.
- Alison La Placa: New Jersey, United States -- Actress (Duet, Catherine-John Larroquette Show).
- Steven Irvine: rock drummer (Lloyd Cole and The Commotions).
- Snow falling in Lowarai Pass, West Pakistan, kills 48.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?