Thursday 31 December 1959, NewYear’s Eve
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Bebe Neuwirth in Princeton and Alfie Anido.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Why by Frankie Avalon.
In UK What Do You Want? by Adam Faith was in the top 5 hits.
Jack and the Beanstalk, directed by Jean Yarbrough, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1959
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Radio rochela.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 December 1959!
Which were the important events of 31 December 1959 ?
- New Year's Eve on the Gregorian Calendar.
- Bebe Neuwirth in Princeton: New Jersey, USA; actress (Lilith - Cheers, Damn Yankees).
- Alfie Anido: Filipino actor (d. 1981).
- Baron Waqa: Nauruan politician and musician.
- Al Giordano: American newspaper journalist, sells free-lance to magazines.
- Val Kilmer: American actor, writer, musician, he played Jim Morrison in Oliver Stone's production, "The Doors" in 1991.
- Paul Westerberg: American singer, guitarist and songwriter, founding member of The Replacements, an influential post-punk band of the 1980s. He began a solo career after the band broke up in 1991, both under his own name and as "Grandpaboy".
- Liveris Andritsos: Greek basketball player
- Ron Bennington: American comedian and radio host
- Phill Kline: American lawyer and politician Kansas Attorney General
- Waqa: Nauruan composer and politician 14th President of Nauru
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 31 December 1959
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Frankie Avalon - Why
- Marty Robbins - El Paso
- Miss Toni Fisher - The Big Hurt
- Paul Anka - It's Time To Cry
- Freddie Cannon - Way Down Yonder In New Orleans
- Guy Mitchell - Heartaches By The Number
- Connie Francis - Among My Souvenirs
- Bobby Darin - Mack The Knife
- Fabian - Hound Dog Man
- Steve Lawrence - Pretty Blue Eyes
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?