Wednesday 16 January 1907
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Belles of Killarney, directed by Arthur Melbourne Cooper, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1907
while The Lady of the Decoration by Frances Little was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1907.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 January 1907!
Which were the important events of 16 January 1907 ?
- National Religious Freedom Day in the United States, to commemorate the adoption of Thomas Jefferson's landmark Virginia Statute for Religious Freedom in 1786
- Teacher's Day in Thailand
- Pierre Ambrogiani: France Painter.
- Phillip Humphrey: Vellacott classicist.
- Alexander Knox Canada actor (Gorky Park: two of a Kind).
- Alexander Knox: Canadian-English actor and screenwriter (d. 1995).
- Paul Nitze: American banker and politician 10th United States Secretary of the Navy (d. 2004).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1907 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- The Linger Longer Girl - Frank Stanley & Elise Stevenson
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in January 1907?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?